Saturday, February 4, 2017

Flourishes l.c. - Thinking of You!





It’s my week to host the Friends of Flourishes Challenge.  I challenged the design team to create a “thinking of you” card.  There are so many ways to let someone know you are thinking of them when creating a special card for a special person in your life.  I know you’ll love the inspiration the design team has to share!

For my card I used an image from the Winter Birds digi stamp set.  I printed the image on Flourishes white cardstock, cut the image to size 2 ¾ inch square then added a piece of foil transfer paper to it and ran it through my heat laminator to give it some gold highlights!  The sentiment is from the Flourishes Small Sentiments stamp set that is part of the January release.  I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored the gold foiled image using pastel chalks and Chameleon Pens.  The finished card size is 4 inches square.

Let’s take a look at what the Friends of Flourishes Design Team members created by visiting their blogs and be sure to leave a comment while you are there!

Friends of Flourishes Design Team  
Davi 
Kren 
Toni 
Vickie


You can find the Winter Birds stamp set at the Flourishes l.c online store found HERE.



5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I like the bird with the gold foil. He looks fabulous. I have never done the foiling, but I have checked out the heat laminator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold foiled image is awesome!!! Beautiful coloring and design! Hugs, Gloria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great challenge and your gold accents on your card are really quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shimmery outlines with foiling. Have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love the bird and the the shimmery edges really make it extra wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete